Tuesday, September 1, 2009

You Know You Live in an Old House When ...

...this is the shim required for a bed. A twin bed. This is just for the foot of the bed, mind you; what’s that, just over a meter across? Sheesh. Every time we do anything with furniture with feet more substantial than stilettos, hubby gets out the wood scraps, bits of felt or rubber, and the glue. I understand that this is part of the charm of an older home (I’m the first to admit that this is a GREAT house in which to play marbles) and I do not expect level – but I seem to recall other folks using cedar shingles for their shim, not actual lumber!

1 comment:

  1. This made me smile, we also live in a wonky old house in England. There's no such thing as a simple makeover- there are always suprises round the corner (or under the floorboards in our case!). Best wishes Kath at Railway Cottage

    ReplyDelete