Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Lovely Day

I hope you can look someone in the eye and say "I love you" today; I truly believe that love is the most powerful force in the world.  Hokey, I know, but I believe it.

He loves me 2012 - a shadowbox in sheet copper:


My favorite heart:





















I love him 2012 - my first mini and first attempt at trapunto (and it looks like my first attempt at binding but it looks marginally better in real life, I promise!).  Embroidery floss and quilting thread for the embroidery work, batting bits used for the trapunto:





















The girlchild wanted to tell her boyfriend she cares, so we made the world's best brownies - this old recipe is the go-to for homemade chocolatey goodness!  I used Hungry Happenings' ganache recipe - ohmyGAWD.  It's bliss, and it was terrific fun to make.  I haven't tried many of her recipes yet but so far they are all "keepers."
 
The girlchild was suitably impressed: 
"How did you DO that?!?" 
"Do what?" 
"Take that messy pile of stuff and turn it into THAT?!?"
"I just followed the directions.  Cooking is chemistry, my dear!"

Triple-chocolate fudge brownies with ganache - in pre-6a.m. kitchen light, still atop their catch-the-goopies-so-I-can-eat-'em tray:
Wishing you a lovely day and a full heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment