Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Cue Handel ...

... It's a finish!
Tumblers for my coworker and her husband, who went above-and-beyond in their hospitality last October when I went to Salt Lake City for Sewing Summit. They housed me after the Summit, took me on a gorgeous driving tour, carted me to and from the airport to handle automobile rental, pored over maps with me, convinced me that I could do both Zion and Bryce in two days and helped me find a last-minute place to stay when I did so. All of a sudden a quilt doesn't seem like enough thanks! In any case, they've received it so I can share it with you. 
Here it is on the line prior to wash-and-dry:
















The back: 
Closeup.   The fabric is Tea Garden by P&B Textiles - lovely rich tones with lots of gold metallic. 
 


And - alas, no Handel yet but I'm past Bach's Toccata in Fugue anyway!  My Total Eclipse blocks are finished and ready to be assembled.  Yes, I'm a dork, I needed to label every.single.one. 

Coming up soon:  a bright and happy baby girl quilt, my Orange You Glad top (I think I am almost happy with The Plan), another baby girl quilt yet to be determined, and more!  Thanks for popping by.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my... The tumbler is great, but I love how your Total Eclipse is turning out! Way to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Total Eclipse is just gorgeous! I can't wait to see the finished quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, great stuff! You must be so excited! Never done a tumbler, but it is on the 'someday' list. Yours turned out so well!
    and total eclipse--how fantastic is that? It is just stunning!
    I label everything, too!

    ReplyDelete