Friday, October 8, 2010

Anticipation

Jackie gave a great heads-up about a local show this weekend in East Haddam, CT.

This little show is fabulous; it's held in a gorgeous old church and the folks who run it are wonderful, open and friendly.  When I first started thinking about quilting (I thought about it less-than-seriously for years, no foolin' - will tell you about it sometime), when I had my first fabrics selected but was still scared to cut into them, I attended this show for the first time.  The men and women there gave me such sweet advice and encouragement that I did get up the nerve to make those first cuts; maybe next year I'll be ready to apply to have one of my own pieces included.  I've been looking forward to this one, and just realized that I never shared photos from last year!  Shamefully, I do not have credits to provide. 
Maybe it's the setting, but my favor sides with the antique and handworked pieces at this show, though there's lots of variety and of course loads of beautiful pieces to view.  Here are a few pics of my favorites:

Look at all those gorgeous stars!

Drool-city, as my Mom would say!

I just love the dragonflies on this piece!

Cool technique:

















But the ones that really made my jaw drop were the miniatures!

















Yow!  But wait, look closer! I put the quarter there for scale.

Ahh, so pretty!

















I'll be back on Sunday or Monday with pics from this year's show!  See you then!

2 comments:

  1. This is wonderful that you were able to capture these pics! I am so sad that I won't see you on Sunday. But I will look forward to seeing your post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely to go to a quilt show. I haven't been to one for ages. My favourite is the crazy quilt. Looks all snuggly.

    ReplyDelete