Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Clamshells, month 6

The Clamshell Club project is moving along!
 
Here's a look - along with a first peek at hubby's shed-in-progress!  Hooray, someday I will have the little garage all to myself, without having to share space with the riding mower!



















I believe I finished 4 rows this month.  It's starting to look like a quilt!  And yes, Valentina, I was wearing my winter coat and waiting between North-wind gusts while I took the photos; it's grey and blustery here, no tourist-y polar bears to be found!

Process note:  now that it's getting big, I'm finding the bulk a little harder to manage.  This month I folded down the top 10 inches and pinned it, measuring down from that point for my latest rows. How are you handling this issue?

6 comments:

  1. LOL
    Oh my, I can't stop laughing, Sal!!!
    I could imagine a Polar bear in hawaiian surfer shorts and an umbrella drink peeking from behind your shed!!!
    Gee, your clams are looking FA*BU*LOUS!!!
    Well done!
    My project is small, so I haven't had problems handling it. But I do find it easy to work on the back of our armchair. This way I am able to rest my work and my arms as I 'rotate' the clams as I applique.
    xoxoxoxoxox!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's beautiful - I just love clamshell quilts. Enough that I should probably hurry up and learn how to do one myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonder where my comment went? I'll check it tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well all good things in three (Dutch expression)
    I mentioned earlier that your clamshells are beautiful and your top is growing fast. You are doing so well. I still pin my top to a kind of pinning board to keep them in place. For me that works best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look at you go! Very, very nice! I wondered how hard it would be to handle as it continues to grow, I have yet to remove any of the templates and am starting to find this a problem, but I am afraid to remove them! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Clamshells are looking wonderful! I'm afraid I haven't managed a report at all the past couple months, hopefully this new year will see some progress on my small offering ;)
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete