Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Layer Cake Quiltalong progress

Time for a progress report on the Moose on the Porch Layer Cake Quiltalong (whew, that's a mouthful!).  I just realized I hadn't posted my first block and here I've finished the second!  There's still plenty of time to join; there's a two week span to finish each block, and block two was only just posted today.

I'm using a set of Jane Sassaman's "Sunshine and Shadows" FQs.

Block 1 - Gene Black's Alabama Spinner:


















Block 2, designed by Vickie of Spun Sugar Quilts:
I can't tell you how uneasy I am about this: I know that a mystery quiltalong is to some degree an act of faith, but with such a bold fabric line it's positively terrifying!  Block 1 is definitely the mellowest possible combination of prints; from here on out it gets bold and brassy.  I hope I can make all the blocks Play Nice when it's all done!  It's my first mystery, and my first sampler, so there's a huge learning curve here - bear with me please and think nice thoughts if you can. 

No comments:

Post a Comment