Friday, January 21, 2011

An Award - for me?!?

Well, I just don’t know what to say: Andrea awarded me! Part of me thinks, wow-wee! You mean me?!? And another part says, whoa, I have to pass it along now?!?  Take a hop over to Andrea's house and enjoy her quilts, she's a contemporary quilter you'll be hearing about in future if you don't already know her work.
The Liebster Blog award is intended to recognize some of the awesome blogs out in cyberspace with less than 300 followers. The recipient then awards to 3-5 others so the word gets spread about all of our favorites out there.  I'm thrilled to share with you some of the folks I enjoy here in Blogland:

Valentina is one of my very favorite humans-I’ve-never-actually-met. She is consistently upbeat, to the point where though I know she must bellow at her kids at some point – I mean, all of us with offspring do, right? – I'd wager it doesn't carry any weight.  Her kids probably grin at her while she’s doing it, know what I mean? She does gorgeous handwork, has a keen eye for color and form and has a knack for virtual tourism (she always takes us along on her journeys). Go say “hello;” you’ll be glad to meet this delightful, well-versed and thoughtful woman.
Sarah is young, enthusiastic, and has a killer hand-quilting stitch. She’s made some knockout pieces and I always smile when her blog pops up in my Reader list.
Sonja is my paper-piecing idol; I’m hoping that someday I’ll get good enough to make her Halloween Quilt of Awesomeness (she hasn’t finished designing all the blocks yet but I’ve been drooling over them for months). Check out her big-headed animal blocks and then try to tell me that Pavlov wouldn't have used you as a subject.

Finally, because life isn’t just about quilting, I nominate Bully, the friendly neighborhood little stuffed bull. This guy BREATHES comics. He posts anywhere from one to four times most days, and apparently has an eidetic memory for any comic book ever published. I have only a glancing acquaintance with many of these characters, but his posts make me smile (or at least smirk) every day.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Sally... My kids would trump you: my motto 'Thank God there is GOD and Therapy!' I am known as DinosaurMama and my roar is legendary, but so are my hugs and kisses...so hopefully... oh, you know!
    Thank you so much, I really hope we can remedy the 'never-met' part someday, soon! Your friendship and support mean the world to me, and I am so grateful to have met you, too. Congratulations, You deserve the award, and I am tickled pink that you are sharing it with me: Congratulations Sarah, Sonja and Bully, I will be visiting you asap.
    And now I need to go blush in private...
    :)
    xox

    ReplyDelete