Sunday, February 15, 2009

Loves Me, Loves Me Not ...

Every year my husband makes me something out of paper for Valentine's Day. I don't remember how this tradition started, but it has resulted in some terrific pieces. This year's is no exception.
It's made of twigs, thread, paper, paint, glue; it makes my dopey card look pretty lame. We did have an interesting exchange about it though: the card I made utilized a pic I found online of a chameleon absorbing a heart-ed background, and my written sentiment referred to our ever-changing relationship. "Changing? Should I worry?" he asked. Naturally I said no, but then it occurred to me, and I had to wonder aloud to him: "What do spiders DO with their prey? They suck the life out of it, right?" So we had a funny moment there with our ambiguous Valentine's - must be that 15-year hump they talk about.


On the quilty side, I made some blocks for campfollowerbaglady's Brushfire Quilt Project. It was good practice; I still cannot get that extra half-inch on the finished block, even when I obssessively measure each starting and between point to confirm solid 1/4-inch margins, but I'm sure the folks in her guild can sash them or fudge them to make them work; most have 1/4 inch extra instead of the half-inch they should have. I made six Friendship Stars, and eight Dimensional Variable Stars Using One Seam Flying Geese (say THAT ten times fast!) courtesy of Sandi at Piecemeal Quilts. Here are some pics:



The Tree is progressing nicely, too; will post a progress shot soon.


1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    Just wanted to stop by and say thanks for posting a comment on the hexie blog about the Walton's. The pictures of your blocks are great too.
    Thanks again,
    ~Karen~

    ReplyDelete