Friday, July 3, 2009

ORBC Finish!

I finally finished! Quilt is named "Butterflies in the Barn". Final size 58 x 77 inches, couch-snuggling size. Machine quilted using diagonals about 2 inches apart.

I had great fun - and some frustration - with the project, but I've learned SO much. I didn't think I would, but I love it now; though it isn't my ordinary style or colors, it's very much mine. I'm so grateful to Dana for providing the opportunity and lots of instruction; and the Flickr group has been great for useful advice (and cheering) too.

Now I need to get back to the binding for the girlchild's quilt, piecing and creating her shades, quilt and shades for the boychild, my GFG-in-progress, and so on, and so on...


  1. It looks so pretty!! It reminds me of rainbow sherbet icecream! Well done! The instructions Dana gave are wonderful. I love online tutorials, that's pretty much how I've been learning.

  2. woe..what a lovely quilt. great job