It's month 2 of the Clamshell Club!
When I left off last month, I had settled on a template and a method of sewing my fabric to the template that worked for me. This month after much fretting I finally started assembly! I did use a starting strip of fabric - that helped a LOT, thanks so much Jossie! I have managed to get a few rows completed:
Approximately 60" across. Length to be determined! A few of the things I've learned as I've started this project:
1. Starch is my friend. My very good friend.
4. I don't like thimbles. I tried metal and leather, but didn't like being unable to feel the fabric. THAT's how quilters get those amazing callouses! [A caveat: my hands have never been pretty, but the idea was to show you what the blunt end of a needle can do to your skin! Looks like my cutting mat is also more worn than I'd thought; at least that can be replaced, I'll have to wait for those callouses on the fingertips!!]